To become a member of Air Force ROTC at Mississippi State, you must attend AFROTC Orientation.
Orientation for AFROTC is held during every MSU freshman orientation and the week of MSU class start date. You must sign up for the AS class, generally AS1011 for freshmen (AS1021 for Spring). You must bring all of the items listed below as well as print and fill out the application package and orientation guide.
You will also have the opportunity to attend an introduction to cadet life day. This is held before class begins and after move-in day. While not mandatory, this is highly encouraged and will make your first few weeks in the AFROTC Det 425 Cadet Wing much easier.
Information for Applicants
How to join Air Force ROTC at Mississippi State
- RSVP for and attend AFROTC orientation- See the "Events" page for dates and times
- Bring laptop and required documents, found at www.afrotc.msstate.edu/documents.
- Download the Cadet Orientation Package and follow all instructions.
- Download the Form 28 Sports Physical form.
- Please create your Wings account with the instructions.
All documents found at www.afrotc.msstate.edu/documents
- Your laptop
- Your original birth certificate (or citizenship papers)
- Your original social security card
- Selective service card or printout (males)
- Copy of your ACT/SAT scores
- Original signed Form 28 Sports Physical form
- Official high school transcript and any non-MSU college transcripts (in sealed envelope)
- Official college transcript (if you have classes from anywhere except MSU)
- Official transcripts can also be mailed to Air Force ROTC Det 425, P.O. Box AF, Mississippi State, MS 39762
- JROTC, Civil Air Patrol, Eagle Scout certificates (if applicable)
- DD 214 or DD 4 (if prior military enlistment)
- DD Form 785 (prior service academy or officer accession training program)
Please review and bring the Cadet Guide, found at www.afrotc.msstate.edu/documents.
Please contact the detachment with any questions at 662-325-3810 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
All dates/times are found on the Detachment 425 Events page. (https://www.afrotc.msstate.edu/events)
RSVP to your desired date and time using the link found in the event listing.