Not all of our cadets are on AFROTC scholarship, but there are competitive academic scholarship opportunities available for those who qualify.
High School Scholarship Program (HSSP)
High School Students must apply by mid-January of their senior year at https://www.afrotc.com/.
In College Scholarship Program (ICSP)
For Cadets already in the Air Force ROTC program, there are In-College Scholarship opportunities available.
In-College students should contact Det 425 for more information as the scholarship eligibility requirements change every semester.
Additional information about available scholarships can be found at https://www.afrotc.com/scholarships
Mississippi State offers the following Technical Majors, which may receive priority when applying for scholarships:
Aerospace Engineering • Architecture • Biochemistry • Chemistry • Civil Engineering • Computer Engineering • Computer Science • Electrical Engineering • Industrial Engineering Mathematics • Mechanical Engineering • Professional Meteorology • Physics
Mississippi State University Scholarships
The following scholarships are available for MSU students:
National Service Scholarship
Award: $500 per semester (up to 4 semesters for a possible total of $2,000)
- Must be a first or second year cadet and meet all criteria to be "enrolled," as defined by the Army/Air Force program, in ROTC classes
- Must have a minimum 20 ACT or a 1200 SAT
- Not currently on an Army or Air Force scholarship
- US citizen
- Meet service age requirements
- Meet service height/weight requirements
- Pass Army/Air Force service Physical Fitness Test by second semester
- Pass DoD medical exam by third semester
Scholarship is conditional on final approval of the Vice President of Academic Affairs
Out of State Tuition Waiver
- Active cadets in Air Force ROTC will be granted a waiver for the out-of-state portion of tuition.
- This waiver will apply for the duration the student is enrolled in AFROTC, and will be deactivated if at any point the student is dis-enrolled in AFROTC for any reason.
- Waiver will be filled out by the student at orientation and submitted by the AFROTC department. Please contact the detachment for more information about the waiver.
Room and Board Supplement
- Can be used for dorms or off campus housing
- Does not cover the full cost of room and board
- Amount of scholarship subject to change each semester
- Must maintain a 3.0 in previous semester.
- Must meet height/weight requirements
- Pass PFA in previous semester
Additional information about scholarships through Mississippi State University can be found at https://www.admissions.msstate.edu/scholarships